Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Early Morning

I am up very early for me this morning.  We are taking one of my daughters to have outpatient surgery today, so this will be a short post.  It isn't supposed to be a long surgery and hopefully she will get to come home after she wakes up.  Any surgery is scary, no matter how routine.  When it is someone you love, there is nothing routine about it.  I have had this same surgery and know what she is going to feel.   It isn't horrible, just very uncomfortable.  I know it is needed and she will feel so much better when it is all over, but I dread seeing one of my children in pain.  I have been awake for several hours, praying for her and for others in my family. 

Life is so unsettled for us all right now, I really don't know how to respond to most of what is going on.  I thought we would always be close like we have been all along, but it isn't turning out that way.  Maybe I haven't kept on top of everything and that is why we are drifting apart.  Or maybe no one but me cared whether we stuck together or not.  I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment