Thursday, July 29, 2010

E-Day is fast approaching!

Wow!  Two weeks to go before I am officially an "empty nester".   I am getting more used to the idea, but it still shakes me to the core.  I think you will be seeing a lot more of my posts since there won't be anyone to talk with during the day. 

I am still looking for something worthwhile to fill my time, but I have thought of a few things to check out.  I have had the idea to start a children's clothing line since my children were young and I had a hard time finding the type of clothing I wanted for them to wear.  There is a lot of research that I have to do before I decide if that is the direction I want to go and if its a feasible business.  I also have considered going back to school to study some of the things I would like to know more about, such as learning sign language.  I am a breeder of dachshunds, so I will definitely be studying genetics and mechanics of my breed.  I will have time now to go to more dog shows and maybe get involved in Earth dog or agility.  I love to sew just for fun, so now I will have time to make all those ideas that have rattled around in my head for years!  I am interested in learning how to make jewelry, in quilting, in painting again, playing the piano more, and reading more.  Most importantly, I will have time to really study my Bible and hopefully get involved in some Bible study groups.

There are so many things to do, but I want to also spend time with my husband.  With his job and my responsibilities as a mom, there has been too much time apart.  I want to spend all the time we have missed seeing and doing those things we have dreamed of doing.

We are also trying to decide where we will retire.  We have moved so many times in our married life, that I want to find a place and put down roots.  Hopefully I will get to finally build a house!  Part of me wants to go back to the familiar places and people, but I really want to be sure that is the direction God wants us to go.  I also want to be sure I am using my time in a way the honors God and furthers His kingdom.  So many new and exciting days are ahead for this family and I can't wait to see what is in store for us!   Stay tuned.....

2 comments:

  1. "Noone to talk to during the day, she says..." And what am I ? Chopped Liver? lol...just kidding. I am so excited about your project. And I am also excited about spending more time with you!!! I love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Rachael. I don't think AliBeth will like me monopolizing your time, besides, I can talk an awful lot!!!

    ReplyDelete